About our Firm
When hiring “accountants”, many people think they are getting CPAs when they are not. While most people use the terms accountant and CPA interchangeably, there are several big differences. The CPA designation is one of the most widely recognized and highly trusted professional designations in the business world and is distinguished from “accountants” by stringent qualifications, licensing requirements and confidentiality standards.
As a CPA Firm in Maine, The Swanson Group LLC serves many different industries and clients. All The Swanson Group LLC services are directed by Certified Public Accountants (CPAs). To maintain a CPA license, each CPA must complete 40 hours of continuing professional education (CPE) each year. This knowledge is shared, specialized expertise is developed and the intellectual capacity of our firm grows with each hour of continuing education taken.
Here are some of the things you can expect from The Swanson Group LLC:
- Experience: We’ll offer ideas for improving your business and making it more profitable. You have a business to run, so we’ll try to keep you up-to-date on new developments in tax laws and regulations.
- Responsiveness: At The Swanson Group LLC, we’re large enough to provide the expertise you require, but yet we’re small enough to be able to provide the kind of personalized service where you feel like a valued customer.
- Commitment: We’ll take the time to listen to your specific concerns and goals, and then play a part in helping you reach those goals with a personalized plan geared to your specific business, and your identified opportunities and challenges.
- Timeliness: We’re well aware of the importance of your time, and the value of delivering both our work and our responses in a timely manner.
- Communication: Communication is a big part of our business. It’s more than just numbers to us. We’ll do our best to clearly explain the thinking behind our work, and we want you to feel free to ask questions.